Wednesday 17 June 2009

word invention

I invented a word a little while ago. I remembered last night while talking to friends and word invention came up and I said I had invented one. It's now time to tell the world. I'm not sure it's really going to take off with only 2 people reading my blog, but feel free to use it and give all credit to me.

"Niblings" - noun - the collective term for nieces and nephews.

Good hey? Isn't it so much easier to say, "I have 12 niblings", than to say, "I have 12 nieces and nephews"?

I don't by the way. I only have 3 niblings.

There you have it, here June 17 2009, the world 'niblings' is official.

2 comments:

Ak said...

Goldy.

I am sorry to inform you that, unfortunatly - and through no deliberate intention on your part you are not the originator of the word 'nibling'

If you took the simple 21st century test and 'Googled it' you would have found it in the Urban Dictionary posted on Sept 1 2003.

Sorry.

It doesn't mean you cannot push it into greater public appreciation and usage.

Cheers!
Gus

matt said...

But it was what we call a closed room invention where Goldy came up with it independently. Anyway, I'm pretty sure I really do have 12 niblings.