Thursday 28 January 2010

Perth

I'm in Perth at the moment for KFs wedding.  There is a 3 hour time difference between Perth and Sydney. It took me 2 days to recover from the travelling and jet lag.  The flight took 5 hours.  What a crazy long time to travel within the same country.
I'm feeling more normal now, on my 3rd day here.
The nice thing is being able to see some relatives while here.  I'm staying at my aunt and uncle's place.  Although sadly I haven't seen my aunt yet as she is in hospital with a bad back.  But I have seen 3 of my 4 cousins so far which is great.
Last night was the hen's dinner.  I didn't eat any hens.  But I ate chilli mussels.  Lots of them.  39 in all!  I had to count them because the pile was so huge.
And last night I saw the sun set over the water which is a novelty for those of us from the eastern states.

No comments: