Thursday 18 September 2008

Billy Elliot

Last night I went to the stage musical billy elliot at the capitol theatre. It was awesome! I've always really loved the movie. I was a bit worried i wouldn't like the musical so much because of how much i love the movie, but the musical was brilliant. The kids were absolutely amazing. The part of billy is a huge role, especially for such a young kid, and he was really good. The kid that played michael was fantastic - really funny. The only thing I didn't like were some of the emotions were a bit overplayed, compared to the movie, which is really powerfull, but a lot the the reactions of characters are a lot more subtle. However on stage I guess things need to be a bit more extreme so people up the back can get the gist of what's going on. We were in the 3rd row off to the side. I love being close to the front where you can really see people's faces and details in the costumes etc. The problem was i had to keep craning to see around people in front of me, and being off to the side you miss some of the action further upstage. Anyway a great night.

No comments: