Tuesday 16 September 2008

work today


I'm currently doing the post production for a classical music concert I recorded which involves the conductor analysing the music. So the orchestra plays the piece through and then the conductor talks about what what is going on in the piece with the orchestra playing bit and pieces here and there. This concert is a couple of sibelius pieces.

I've recorded several of these concerts before but never had the chance to do the post production before. it's interesting hearing the recording in a proper studio. I used a spaced pair of omni Bruel and Kjaer 4006 microphones, hung over the orchestra a couple of meters above the conductor's head. I think the recording is actually lacking quite a bit of top end. So I'm boosting it a fair bit to give it more sparkle. And also the phase relationship beyween the 2 mics is not as good as it could be.

1 comment:

Uuenduslik areng õpetamisse ja õppimisse disaini ja tehnoloogia kontekstis. said...

HellO!
I read your letter fro my blog "Me and my country".
If you want to know more about Estonia and you want to communicate with me, then use this address:
mreinsalu@gmail.com.
My msn marika33@msn.com