Thursday 26 February 2009

ID

Since I'm on the topic of age and you now all know my grand old age of 34, how's this...In January of this year, while working on a recording at the Sydney Festival, I walked into a licenced area. I didn't realise it was licenced and therefore didn't even occur to me that you need to be over 18 to get in. The security guy asked me for ID. I stupidly help up my ABC ID tag for him to see. He studied it carefully looking really puzzled, and I was growing more and more puzzled myself. What was the problem? I was there to work. Finally he said this ID was no good. I asked in a really confused manner "What sort of ID do you want ?"...He replied, "Something with your date of birth". And the penny dropped. "ooooh THAT sort of ID"
I got asked for ID at 34 years of age. Can anybody top that?

1 comment:

Alison B said...

That's pretty cool! You obviously look half your age!

I certainly can't beat that, I've looked older since I started wearing glasses and people always guessed I was the eldest child in the family since about year 11.

My mum however used to be able to get children's fare (I think the cut off is 12 or 13) on buses in England until she was in her second year of university!