Monday 16 February 2009

Mixing Camille



Last week I mixed the Camille concert I recorded during the Sydney Festival at Hyde Park Barracks. It’s the 1st time I’ve used the newly revamped P63 studio which has a new SSL C200 console and a super powerful Pro-Tools rig. I was a bit unsure about this as a mixdown suite at first as it is all completely digital. I thought a few 1176’s and pultecs would be nice especially for mixing music. But I’m really happy how my mix turned out. Plug ins of note are the MCDSP Analogue channels which simulate the effects of analogue tape. This was great on the beat boxing which just needed to be squished in and the tape saturation effect worked wonders.

Camille is a crazy French woman, with some great music. She was on stage with a piano player plus 7 other vocalists and beatboxers who did stomping and body percussion.

That photo is from the recording at Hyde Park Barracks taken on my phone of us with the JJJ rack with 48 channels of preamp plus 2 Tascam 48ch hard disk recorders.

No comments: