Thursday 10 December 2009

Where the Wild Things Are


I saw it.  Yes I did.  I was reluctant, but my friend was keen.  I really liked it.  She didn't.
It was total childhood fantasy. There were big furry creatures and problems were solved by wrecking things, throwing each other around and jumping on each other without anyone getting hurt.  It was fun.  The last half hour or so did get serious when furry creatures did start to get hurt and they got serious about the issues and how people should be treated.
The experience was even more enjoyable for me because the theatre was filled with young children and throughout the whole film you could hear little voices asking "why did the monster...?" and "what's he doing...?" and why this and why that.   I kept laughing because of the kids.  And then in the film the main boy character and the big furry thing howled at each other, so after that kids in the theatre were howling.  Very funny.

2 comments:

David said...

Didn't you ever read the book when you were little? I think I borrowed it a zillion times from Wynn-um North SS library.(I would have written 'Wynnum' but spell check insisted I hyphenate it.

goldy said...

No I think it's a book that little boys read. I don't remember it at all.