Sunday 3 May 2009

I forgot to mention....

A couple of weeks ago I had to go and make a recording of PJ O'Rourke speaking at Luna Park.  The reason I mention this is not because I thought he was especially interesting, but because there was food provided for the media.  That's pretty exciting.  It was a dinner event, and they actually thought to give us some food too. It wasn't a full on meal, just gourmet sandwiches, but still, better than nothing.
Ironically, PJ is a conservative political satirist, and the only media who showed up were ABC, which is predominantly left wing, (me - for Radio National, someone from news/current afairs, and the 7:30 report.)
Not saying that I'm left wing.  I'm not one way or the other.  I just vote for whoever seems least idiotic at the time.

1 comment:

Raw Faith Real World said...

When I was doing a bunch of corporate media where we had to show it at huge hotel ballrooms etc, I found out the best people to hang out with were the food service people. They were normally really nice, pretty funny, and would take pity on us behind our wall of screens and wires and equipment and bring us great food.