Sunday 3 May 2009

my free feed

I went grocery shopping today and for a treat I went to Harris Farm Markets which I don't go to all the time because it is expensive, but the food is so much better and they have really nice cheeses and my favourite yoghurt.
Anyway it was worth it today because I had a full on feed.  They had sample stations all through the store and I tried everything.
I started off with some pineapple, which I ended up buying because it was soooo nice.
Then I had some sausage, which I didn't buy.  Then I had 2 samples of yoghurt.  I was going to buy some anyway, but I made the lady feel like I was buying it because of the free samples.  Then I had an olive.  Then I had a mouthful of gorgonzola, and then a mouthful of some other white cheese, but without mould.  The gorgonzola was definitely better.  Then I had a sample of steak.  And for desert I had half a mini cupcake.
Then when I went through the checkout I pulled up the checkout guy for scanning something twice.  He was convinced he hadn't so I paid and waited for the receipt to come out and I was able to prove that he had.  So then everyone behind me had to wait ages while they sorted it out and I got my $2 refund.  
That's my tip - alway keep an eye on the scanning - it's amazing how you can end up paying for more than you are getting.  It's happened to me several times at various supermarkets.  Check your receipt before you leave.

No comments: