Saturday 10 July 2010

Frankfurt

So this is my first stop. The plane flight was typically long any uncomfortable. I got a frisk search done on me in Sydney. I guesss that's what you get for wearing baggy cargo pants. I got into Frankfurt at 6am and of course couldn't check into my hotel that early so I spent several hours walking around the city without a map. I managed to find my way back to where I started. It took a while to get train from the airport because you could only get a ticket from a machine and there was no English instructions. All the machines were being poked by non German speakers trying to work out what to do. I kept pushing things that weren't actually buttons and eventually a German man pushed the buttons for me. Not a very tourist friendly place. There is no English anywhere. Makes life fun though.
I couldn't find any coffee because at 8 in the morning no one is out. The place got going by about lunchtime and the coffee shops opened up. But what about morning coffee? There are pretzel shops everywhere like the Chinese cake shops in Chinatown. And heaps of kebab joints. Today I got on a bus that loops the city and you can get on and off as much as you like all day. Lunch was frankfurts, sauerkraut and beer.

No comments: