Sunday 4 July 2010

Leave

I'm on long non-service leave at the moment. That's what you give yourself when you've spent most of your working career freelancing so have never accumulated long service leave. So after 15 years of working I'm finally having a big break.


I'm taking a combination of annual leave and leave without pay to have nearly 3 months off. Yay.



Here in Australia we get long service leave after 10 years. I've only been a permanent employee in my job for 6 years, so another 4 to go. I couldn't wait that long. Some European countries get it after 7 years. That would be nice.



Anyway, I've been bumming around at home, recovering from working really hard, catching up with friends, and getting ready to go overseas. This is a kind of big thing for me to do because last time I went overseas five years ago, I got really sick and ended up with chronic fatigue. I've never mentioned this before because I wanted this blog to be about the joys of life, not about the despairs of life. But there you have it. I've had a really rotten five years with bad health and other things going wrong, so it's just really nice that my health has improved enough that I feel up to trying travelling again and actually having a go at living life again after being shut up indoors for most of my life for 5 years, and going to work and not doing much else.



I'm confident I will stay healthy this time as I have my plethora of things I take which I'm pretty sure are doing me good. I'm hoping to blog regularly while I'm away. Hmm, we'll see how that goes, knowing my record at being a regular blogger...

1 comment:

Ak said...

You are a joy to life Goldy! Have a great break. 6 years huh.... so... I must have some LSL coming up very soon. Hurrah!