Monday 19 July 2010

Switzerland

I've spent a week in the Swiss alps. It has been very relaxing. The view here is amazing. You look across the valley to snowy mountains. And the mountains are really steep. I've loved the walks. We went up a cable car to the top of one of the ski slopes and walked down. It was hard walking down because it was so steep and gravelly so very easy to slip over. Another day we went walking up in the cow pastures. All cows have bells so you can always hear them even if you can't see them. We did see them on the way back. They were right near the path and came over to say hello. I was glad because I wanted some cow photos. Twice this week we have eaten fondue for dinner. Melted cheese with bread dipped in. If you don't want tummy ache you have to not drink any cold water until the next day. You have to just drink wine and hot tea.
I went down to montreux for a day for the jazz festival. Unfortunately not much happens during the day. But I did see a uni band play and there are markets all along the edge of the lake. Montreux is on a steep hill overlooking lake Geneva so I walked up the hill a bit and explored the town. Switzerland is so cool because everything is so old.

No comments: