Thursday 15 July 2010

Switzerland

I'm now in Switzerland at my sister's place up in the alps.  We are having beautiful weather up high here because of the heat wave - the temperatures here are around the mid 20s. On Sunday I got on a train to Basel and spent the night there.  The big thing you notice about Switzerland is how clean and tidy it is.  I thought Frankfurt was quite clean and tidy but compared to Basel it looked really grotty.  I wandered around The town centre in Basel on sunday afternoon.  All the shops were shut so not many people were around.  But heaps of people were floating down the river.  They don't swim, they just float downstream.

Sorry I can't post any photos right now.  I don't have the technology here to do it. 

So then on monday I got a train down to Lausanne and then caught another one to Aigle where my sister picked me up.  I really loved the train journeys.  I'd love to do more.  It's a great way to see the countryside and all the little towns.  Switzerland is full of little traditional looking towns with their old style house, very ornate a lot of time, and with a village church up on the hill.

I've been lazing around, going for walks and eating cheese.  It's great.


Meet local singles online. Browse profiles for FREE!

No comments: