Friday 24 October 2008

Oktoberfest

I’m in a band right. We are called the Gonks. In our own minds we are rock stars. In everyone else’s we are just a cult band. We were introduced once as everyone’s 2nd favourite band. I play bass.
Last Friday night we played at an Oktoberfest party put on by a couple of guys from my church.
The set list was

1. Listen To The Music
2. Eagle Rock
3. 634 5789
4. Cajun Moon
5. I Got You (I Feel Good)
6. Black Magic Woman
7. Moondance
8. Midnight Hour
9. I Shot The Sherriff
10. Take Me To The River
11. Living For The City
12. Superstition
13. All Right Now
14. Sultans Of Swing
15. Crossroads

The food consisted of lamb, beef and pork on the spit – tasted amazing, homemade German sausages – tasted amazing, sauerkraut – tasted amazing, salad – tasted amazing, and German beer in huge bottles. One beer was the equivalent of 2 normal size ones. Dave our lead guitarist had to sing everything because our 2 lead singers were both unavailable. So we had a restricted set list, but Dave was great.

We were playing a hall that had the tiniest stage I have ever seen. There were 5 of us in the band and only 3 of us could fit on the stage. It was like playing in a box. And the sound bouncing around in there was crazy. I couldn't hear what i was playing because of all the reflections and the drums were so loud even though Greg was playing quietly.

1 comment:

matt said...

"Knock on Wood"? How could you leave "Knock on Wood" off that list? Oh and "Rock Steady".