Friday 21 August 2009

2 photos


Here are 2 little wooden toys I treasure.  

This horse and cart was given to me by my Estonian Grandfather.  I can remember him pulling it down from a high shelf thing above a doorway in his Epping house and giving it to me when I was about ten.  I don't know how old it is or where it originally came from.  I was practicing with depth of field photography.  It's sitting on my bed and is about 2.5 inches in length.


This is an Estonian dolly.  It's only about 2 inches high.  I think my mother brought it back from Estonia for me when she visited there with her mother, brother and sister in 1985.  Estonia was still under Soviet rule back then so they got followed around everywhere by Russian spies and weren't allowed to stay with relatives, and my uncle quite strongly believes they got gassed in their hotel room, but they got out and complained about it and it stopped.


No comments: