Thursday 12 August 2010

Bath

I'm in bath now. I really like it here. I could stay longer. I've been on a free guided walking tour which was good for pointing out interesting architectural things such as the dunny hole in the back garden wall (not what they called it) and how the fronts of buildings all had to fit the style but the back could be whatever they wanted. So the backs of the apartment blocks are really varied and messy looking while the fronts are all uniform. I've walked around in the rain too. I went to the roman baths of course. They're definitely worth seeing. The whole town is worth seeing. It's like nowhere I've been before and seems like you are not in England. Not having been to many places i can't say what it's like but it doesn't seem englandy.
And I went on a bus trip to stone henge so I've been the ultimate tourist. They are a nice bunch of stones. I was relieved to see that they are bigger than the ones on Spinal Tap. I also saw Salisbury Hill. This is significant if you like Peter Gabriel.

No comments: