Wednesday 18 August 2010

London 2

Day 2 in London I did the obligatory sightseeing of the places of royalty and parliament. I saw the horse guards then the police with guns guarding the start of Downing St. Then i walked down to the houses of parliament where big Ben is. It is quite beautiful with all that gold trim. Then saw Westminster abbey and then walked around to Buckingham palace and saw lots of squirrels in the park along the way. Then it was time for a nap before heading to royal albert hall for a Bach organ recital for the BBC proms. The proms are cool. They were started so that concerts could be accessible to the common person. So for £5 you can go in and stand in the stalls like the Shakespeare globe. But this is under cover. I was going to do that but a scalper sold me a £10 seated ticket for £5. I was a little nervous the ticket might be a fake but it was worth the risk. It was a good ticket so I got to sit down.

No comments: