Friday 5 December 2008

Christmas Bus


Do you live in Sydney? Have you seen the Christmas bus? Last night I went on the Christmas bus. I thought we were going to take off into the air like we were on Santa's sleigh. I’ve never seen anything more over the top. It’s just a normal State transit bus on the Newtown route. The driver had decorated it with every tacky bit if Christmas stuff you can think of. I like Christmas decorations, but they need to have some style. This had no style, except kitch. Stuffed toy reindeers all over the front dash. Santa pictures all over the windows. Tinsel on every pole or hand rail. Bells hanging, things hanging, stuff everywhere. There was no space left plain. And then to make the trip more amusing, a girl sat down opposite me wearing a huge badge saying “lose weight now, ask me how” . Sure, OK. Not your standard but trip conversation nor much of a fashion or political statement.

No comments: