Tuesday 16 December 2008

Communion

We had communion on Sunday morning at church. We have little mini cups for the wine. You get a choice of grapejuice or alcoholic. Being a red wine lover I go for the alcoholic. It's funny how you have this expectation of what the wine is going to taste like, but then it never meets it. This time the wine was sooo bad, I audibly gagged when I took a sip, so that people all around me heard and turned to see what had happened. I felt like I'd been poisoned. And then tears started running down my face. It must have been the wine frome the $2 shop. Lots of people were laughing, but they probably thought it was because I got a shock from the alcohol, which was not the case. I got a shock from how awful it tasted.

2 comments:

Giggles and Knits said...

Chris and I saw the bottle they use for communion, and its the same 3L one we saw a homeless man drinking so it can't be too expensive. We now call communion wine hobo port. Its probably blasphemous.

E

goldy said...

That's awesome! I'll remember that name. I should write on the comment card - no more hobo port please...